Roll Tide to Lion Pride

Reese Wheeler, News Reporter

Starting school at someplace new is not always the easiest for students or teachers, but for Mrs. Logsdon, it’s going pretty smooth. Knowing what job she was looking for, moving to a new state and making things work was pretty easy for her and her husband. Mrs. Logsdon is loving not only Colorado but also Mountain View.  

Mrs. Logsdon teaches algebra, geometry and problem-solving. In the past, she has taught eighth-grade math classes and all different high school math classes, which was her dream job as a child. When Mrs. Logsdon was a student her favorite subject was either algebra or pre-calc. During the summer, while she was in Alabama she liked to nanny for a few different families. She also loves the outdoors, and has spent a lot of time at the lake or the beach.

Coming from Alabama, Mrs. Logsdon applied online when she came across Mountain View while looking for her job near her soon to-be-home. Her husband found the perfect job for himself leading them to come to Colorado. One of her main inspirations was her mom, who was a teacher. Mrs. Logsdon later learned that this was the perfect job for her because she wanted to work with kids and she loved working with people. This lead to her attending the University of Alabama.

Mrs. Logsdon loves the school spirit that she sees all around the school and at the football games that she has attended. She loved that when she came into the school all of the students and staff were super welcoming. Her favorite part of Mountain View so far is the community; she loves the great attitude that comes from all of the students and staff.

Although there are many other new staff members at Mountain View, Mrs. Logsdon is one of the many great new teachers that Mountain View has welcomed to the school this year. Mrs. Logsdon is enjoying Mountain View and the state of Colorado with all of the beauty around us and all of the things to do. Plus, she gets to live her dream, “As a child, I always wanted to be a teacher.”