The View

Lukas Arthur

While Mountain View hasn’t always been known to have the biggest student sections year in and year out, we’ve usually have some of the best leadership and loudest crowds. Seniors Shane Shadowen and Trey Bruscke look to continue this tradition of strong leadership at this fall’s sporting events, especially at football and volleyball games.

As any athlete can attest, the student section can be a huge part of the game, helping keep momentum and excitement up. One of the most memorable moments from last year’s basketball season is when you could not hear anything at all because of how loud our student section was versus Thompson Valley: that gave the athletes so much momentum and was 100% bone-chilling. Senior and varsity basketball player Marcus Carey said, “The student section has a huge impact in getting us players ready to play and really hype us up for the game.”

The most important part of making a student section great is participation and just getting everyone to show up. While this is no easy task, once a student attends one game they are often enticed to go to another. Carey also said, “Our student sections does a great job for what we are working with. If we had bigger numbers our student section would be a lot louder. I wish we could be a lot more people.” Carey also encourages some members of the student body that usually aren’t at football or volleyball or basketball games etc. to come out and participate at these games because once you get your feet wet, you will truly experience how fun these games can be.

Senior Vanessa Hollingshead, a prominent leader in the MVHS student section, believes that they are a loud student section this year by saying, “We were definitely louder then Thompson Valley was at the football games, but Loveland is just so much bigger than us every year.” In the football game against Thompson Valley, which we won 10-7, Senior Wide Receiver Dylan Naughton said, “The student section was definitely loud against Thompson Valley, it was even hard to get the calls across the field for our offense.” At points during this game some Mountain View players actually told Senior Shane Shadowen to be quiet while the offense was on the field so that they could make the play call all the way across the field.

Hollingshead also said, “I like being apart of a big and loud student section, especially for rivalry games, because when we get loud, then they get loud, and when get hyped, then they get hyped. Which just creates a fun atmosphere.” Rivalry games are like nothing else, for the fans, students and athletes themselves. When most of the town is there and both sides of bleachers are packed, that is something that athletes dream about since they were little kids, and a loud giant student section just elevates that feeling even more.

• The View

Student Life

Mountain View Scores Some New Ambassadors

• The View

Student Life

Homecoming Assembly Slideshow

• The View

Student Life

Mrs. Money is Money

• Student Life

He’s a Stone Cold Number Crunching Machine

• The View

Student Life

• Sports

Boys Tennis Regionals

• Sports

Injuries in Mountain View

• News

New Members Get Down to the Knitty-Gritty

• The View

News

Three Strikes and You’re Out

• The View

Student Life

Homecoming Assembly Slideshow

The View