Lion Pride Times

Lion Pride Times

Lion Pride Times

Meet the Staff
Caleb Escalle
Caleb Escalle
Junior Reporter

Hey, my name is Caleb Escalle, I'm a sophomore. My favorite sports to play are soccer and volleyball. I like to hangout with friends and family, my favorite holidays are Christmas and Halloween. I started...

Hi, my name is Maddie Bellmar, and I am a senior here at Mountain View. I have been in Newspaper for three years now and am currently the editor. In my free time, I love hanging out with friends, getting...

Truc Do
Senior Reporter

Caleb Reed
Junior Reporter

Jamie Wilson
Jamie Wilson
Senior Reporter

Hi, My name is Jamie. I am a senior in the LISA program. My passion area is writing, so I love the opportunities journalism is giving me.

Top Five Coolest Teachers in the Building

Determining which teachers are the coolest is up for heavy interpretation. This situation is based entirely on opinion. The following list is in no particular order. Every teacher in the building is cool and awesome for a special reason. Also, remember I have not had every teacher and cannot consider them all. Without further ado, the coolest teachers in Mountain View High School are as follows:

1. Mr.Hall, of course, had to make the list as one of the coolest teachers. It’s only fair to start with him as he is the Newspaper teacher. If you have ever had a class with Mr.Hall, you know that he is an easygoing teacher–as long as you don’t make him mad. He is laid back and gives plenty of free time in class. He doesn’t mind chatting and makes an effort to interact with his students.

2. Mrs.Braun makes the same effort. She makes sure all of her students feel seen by interacting with them. She is a genuinely nice person and doesn’t have a mean bone in her body (not that I have seen). Not to mention, she has a snack shop! She always has chips and other snacks to offer students (for a small fee). Those snacks are truly a lifesaver sometimes. She is amazing. “Mrs. Braun is probably one of the best teachers I have ever had because she cares about her students and makes an effort to teach them in a way that they learn best,” said Aubree Mankin, senior.

3. As a senior, I enjoy being in Mrs.Atrash’s college composition class. I wasn’t sure how I would feel about her, she was new and I didn’t think I would enjoy her teaching style. But after a whole semester, I can say she has wiggled her way into a tie for the spot of my favorite teacher. She is the most considerate teacher out of all of them. She makes sure every student feels seen and heard. Mrs.A is an approachable person, which is important for students with issues. I feel 100% safe and confident talking to her about problems because I know she will not judge and will do everything in her ability to make life easier.

4. Another language teacher making the list? Maybe they’re just the best department! Our next teacher is Mrs.Sanders. I had her for two years in Spanish. She made the class fun and easy to understand. We watched movies, had competitions, and had snack days. It was genuinely such a fun time and if I hadn’t had her, I am not confident I would have learned any Spanish. Additionally, her classes aren’t fully focused from the very beginning. You have time to chat and take brain breaks. I am so grateful for having her. “I appreciate how she treats us like adults. She actually talks to us like we’re people…She shares stuff about her life and it makes her relatable,” said seniors Addie Bauer and Annie Farrington.

5. Now a shout out to the science department. Mr.Ernst is such a cool guy. I had him for one year in geophysics as a freshman and I still talk to him every time I see him in the halls. He also gives me little fistbumps that brighten my day when I’m not having such a good time. When I had him for class, he was laid back and gave us brain breaks. He made labs fun and even found ways to make staring at plain rocks cool. Additionally, his teaching style is one of the best I have ever encountered. I can’t quite describe it but it’s one of only two classes from freshman year where I remember course material. Thanks for being a real one Mr.Ernst.

I would like to include a special mention for Mr.Theissen. He retired last year from his position in the art department. I personally never had him but I knew him from the halls and other small interactions. He had a great music taste and every time I walked into his room he would be playing a banger.

And to broaden the subject, I put out a poll. I was curious to know who other students like.
The teacher with the most votes was Mr.Hall with 6, that being 25 percent of the whole vote. The next most favored teacher was Mr.Lanter with 3. After that, every other teacher mentioned only had one vote. Some of those are Yurk, Evans, Toews, Jacob, McElroy, Huddleston, and Ernst. And that was only half of the other teachers!

It’s safe to say, we love our Mountain View staff and teachers!! And this poll just went to show what I stated in the beginning–being the coolest teacher falls into the eye of the beholder.