Lion Pride Times

Lion Pride Times

Lion Pride Times

Meet the Staff
Caleb Escalle
Caleb Escalle
Junior Reporter

Hey, my name is Caleb Escalle, I'm a sophomore. My favorite sports to play are soccer and volleyball. I like to hangout with friends and family, my favorite holidays are Christmas and Halloween. I started...

Hi, my name is Maddie Bellmar, and I am a senior here at Mountain View. I have been in Newspaper for three years now and am currently the editor. In my free time, I love hanging out with friends, getting...

Torie Norman
Senior Reporter

Jamie Wilson
Jamie Wilson
Senior Reporter

Hi, My name is Jamie. I am a senior in the LISA program. My passion area is writing, so I love the opportunities journalism is giving me.

Caleb Reed
Junior Reporter

SAT Anxiety

At the start of the semester, our school jumped into a discussion about the SAT and it confused students why information was released so early on in the semester. Our school has partaken in a new system where the SATs will be done through our Chromebook devices and students have various thoughts on this new system.

From asking a few questions with Enzio Cantini on how they felt about the SAT. He said he didn’t feel too anxious about it and was more confident in his ability to pass it because of the new system. The use of Khan Academy to prepare for the SAT has frequently been introduced, Cantini said he has practiced with it only in the beginning but it helped him a lot with what to expect for the SAT and what to improve on. The sudden discussion of SATs shocked Cantini, along with many of our other students.

Expanding on that, Cantini said that he now knows how important it is because it determines teachers’ pay along with helping others with college scholarships. Since there is a new system, it helped him with his mathematics and eased the common anxiety around the test.

The SAT will have an integrated Desmos function which should make certain math problems easier. Some important things Cantini pointed out was that the graphing parts might be easier but don’t have SOHCAHTOA, Tan, Cos, or Sin which can come as a concern for some people.

While the general number of students are not too worried about the SAT, it’s still a lingering worry for some students. Hopefully, the new technology and features will help students gain confidence, ease anxiety, and eventually end up with a successful SAT score.